Monday, January 25, 2010

South Florida Museum


Today we visited South Florida Museum, Bishop Planetarium and the Parker Aquarium
here is Mommy and Luke by the fountain - I took this one on my own!

we explored rooms full of fossils - this is Equus, like a horse



Over here is a Dugong and something like an alligator




and here we are looking at a panorama with a GIANT armadillo in it!


I asked Mommy about why these people made canoes out of trees



and why these people covered up their nice sand with shells and rocks.


Then we went on to meet the Manatees - the big one is named Snooty! He is 61 years old and like to eat carrots and kale, just like me! He has three little baby manatees visiting with him until the water gets warmer, then they will probably be released into the wild again.
Next we went to the Planetarium - I picked seats way at the top so that we could see everything. The round ceiling turned on and it was like we were flying! I hoped that it would be about stars and constellations like Orion, but instead it was all about planets. It was pretty good anyways and Mommy said she'll try to find one about the stars for next time. We don't have any pictures of that because it was so dark. Afterwards Mommy told me that for an early birthday present I now have a membership there, so I can visit whenever I want and get a gold sticker that says "V.I.P" on it, which stands for "Very Important Person". I can hardly wait - I want to show Daddy something even bigger than he is - a Mastodon!

No comments: