Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Swim Classes at the YMCA

Kelsea had her first swim class at the Y last night. She's been asking for classes or school to go to for months and was so excited for her day to be here. Her class is twice a week and has two other little girls in it, Emi 5, and a little redheaded girl named Francine who looks to be about the same age as Kelsea. Kelsea was well behaved, except from that when the instructor was working it other students she would go down the steps and practice what ever they had just been doing on her own. Her confidence in the water outpaces her abilities at this point, so her practicing wasn't just distracting to the class, it was dangerous. I'm sure this would have come to a halt sooner if the teacher would have stopped calling her Emma (despite being corrected several times) or if Francine hadn't been terrified of the water and screaming and crying the whole time. Kelsea says she doesn't like the lady that teaches or the other kids in the class, but that she can't wait to go back Thursday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She didn't like the teacher or the other kids, but can't wait to go back - I love children! I'm glad she's having a good time in swim class. I took those at the Y when I was about her age too!