Thursday, April 24, 2008

adios camera

Note from Mom:

Kelsea has once again proven that modern technology is no match for a two year old. The other morning, she found the camera in the bathroom where I had been taking the too cute tub pictures, and she went to play with it. I did not immediately stop her, because she does this on a regular basis with no ill effects. When she turned the camera on it was set on "play" and showing a picture of Luke. Kelsea was trying to take a new picture, and when she couldn't get the new image to appear she became frustrated and chucked the camera at the bathroom floor. While she was in timeout working on controlling her emotions, I discovered that the camera now has a "lens error". I later found out this is a fatal error in the camera, and means that it goes back to Canon for service, probably to find out that it will need a repair that costs about the same as the camera did brand new (we bought it 12/07!). It will get send out today or tomorrow and we should know in a week if it's fixable or not. Until we borrow another camera (that is, if anyone is willing to risk theirs) or get ours back there will be no new pictures. Sorry folks! And yes, we have looked into the toddler proof camera (the water proof/dust proof/shock proof sort) but it takes awful pictures! Which I guess might be better than none, but knowing we only get to take them once we decided we'd rather have nice pictures then an bombproof camera.

~Kate

No comments: